Toray acquires Saati’s European fabric business: Toray builds integrated supply chain in Europe
Toray management program Project AP-G 2016: “thorough implementation of growth strategy through innovation and aggressive management”
Toray acquires Saati’s European fabric business: Toray announced on 10 December 2014 the agreement to acquire the European carbon fiber fabric and prepreg business of Saati SpA. Toray will take over Saati’s plant located in Legnano (Milano Province) in January 2015, renaming the operations “Composite Materials (Italy) Srl (CIT)” and to become a fully owned subsidiary of Toray.
Saati will continue to own and operate the Saati composite business in America.
SAATI SpA was founded in 1935 to manufacture silk flour mesh fabrics, and employs about 850 people.
Saadi SpA operates five divisions:
- printing: graphics, electronics, apparel, glass etc
- chemicals: screen printing, emulsions, screen prep and reclaim materials
- protection: ballistic panels, helmets etc
- composites: carbon fabrics, glass fabrics, prepreg, UD, etc
Pre-Preg are pre-impregnated composite fibers with a matrix material such as epoxy.
Toray’s medium term management program “Project AP-G 2016” (from April 2014 to March 2017)
Key benchmarks for FY 2016:
- Consolidated net sales: YEN 2.3 trillion (US$ 23 billion)
- Consolidated operating income: YEN 180 billion (US$ 1.8 billion)
- ROA 8%
- ROE 10%
Toray’s long term vision “AP-Growth TORAY 2020“: become “a global top company of advanced materials”
AP-Growth TORAY 2020 is a unified growth map for the next 10 years based on Toray’s corporate vision of “contributing to society through the creation of new value with innovative ideas, technologies and products”.
Key KPI’s for AP-Growth TORAY 2020 (to be achieved around 2020)
- consolidated net sales: YEN 3 trillion (US$ 30 billion)
- Consolidated operating income: YEN 300 billion (US$ 3 billion)
- Operating income margin: 10%
- ROA: 10%
- ROE: 13%
Toray Industries, Inc. (東レ株式会社) “Innovation by chemistry” (化学による革新と創造) (TSE 3402, LSE TKK)
Toray Industries, Inc. (東レ株式会社) was founded on 12 January 1926 with an investment by Mitsui Bussan. The company was incorporated as Touyou Rayon (東洋レーヨン) on 16 April 1926.
In 1970 the company name was changed to Toray KK (東レ株式会社). Toray is the abbreviation of Touyou Rayon (東洋レーヨン).
Toray’s main business are:
- fibers and textiles
- plastics and chemicals
- IT related products: films, color filters, products for IC production, graphics materials
- carbon fiber composites
- environment and engineering: water treatment membranes, materials for housing, environmental equipment
- life science
- other: analysis, research related services
Copyright·©2015 ·Eurotechnology Japan KK·All Rights Reserved·