Diesel engine maker Yanmar to partner with generator manufacturer Himoinsa
Yanmar and Himoinsa to provide solutions for energy markets including cogeneration
On April 27, 2015, diesel engine maker Yanmar and electricity generator maker Himoinsa announced a partnership, including Yanmar to acquire 70% of Himoinsa, to strengthen their solution business for energy markets including cogeneration.
Both Yanmar and Himoinsa are privately held companies, so the amount of information released is quite thin, however we can expect this partnership to help Himoinsa to strengthen business in Asia, where Himoinsa is active since 1999 and currently achieves about 20% of business, while Yanmar will be able to strengthen business particularly in the Hispanic parts of the world.
On the technical and product side, we can expect a range of jointly developed products.
Yanmar has supplied diesel engines for Himoinsa generators since 2006.
Himoinsa – “The Energy”
Himoinsa was founded in 1982, and is based in San Javier, Murcia, Spain.
Himoinsa manufactures and markets products including:
- diesel generators from 3 kiloWatt to 3 MegaWatt
- fas generators from 3 kiloWatt to 3 MegaWatt
- diesel generators from 8 Watt to 3.5 MegaWatt
- lighting towers up to 1.32 Mega-Lumen
Annual revenues are on the order of US$ 300 million:
- 50% of revenues in Europe and Africa
- 30% of revenues in the Americas
- 20% of revenues in Asia Pacific, where Himoinsa started in 1999.
Currently nine production centers, including:
- Headquarters and main factory in Murcia, Spain, including R&D Centre.
- Plant Metal 1, Murcia
- Plant Metal 2, Murcia
- Himoinsa, China in Changzhou (Jiangsu)
- Hipower Systems, Lenexa, Kansas, USA
- Genelec S.A.S, Villefranche sur saone, France.
- Control & Switchgear Himoinsa PVT Ltd, production site at Pantnagar, Uttaranchal, India.
Yanmar Holdings KK (ヤンマーホールディングス株式会社) – “Solutioneering Together”
Yanmar Holdings KK (ヤンマーホールディングス株式会社) is privately held:
- Consolidated revenues: YEN 650.7 billion (US$ 5 billion) FY 2013, ended March 31, 2014
- Consolidated operating income: YEN 44.8 billion (US$ 0.37 billion) FY 2013, ended March 31, 2014
- Group employees: 16,678 as of March 31, 2014
Yamaoka Magokichi (山岡 孫吉, March 22, 1888 – March 8, 1962) founded the company “Yamaoka Engine Manufacturing” (山岡発動機工作所) in March 1912, trading in gas engines. In 1921 the brand/trademark Yanmar (ヤンマー) was created.
In 1920 the company began to produce small oil engines for agricultural applications.
In 1947 the company began to produced small diesel engines for fishing boats, and in 1952, the company name was changed to Yanmar Diesel KK (ヤンマーディーゼル株式会社).
In 2010 the company adopted the slogan “Solutioneering Together”.
On April 1, 2013, the group was restructured under the holding company Yanmar Holdings KK (ヤンマーホールディングス株式会社) .
Yanmar produces mainly diesel engines, and also a range of related products including:
- fishing boats
- hulls for ships
- combine harvesters
- rice-planting machines
- gas heat pumps
- snow throwers
- mini excavators
- portable diesel generators
- and other equipment and machinery
Unmanned aerial vehicles – UAV, drones
Since approx. 1995, Yanmar also develops and markets unmanned aerial vehicles (UAV, drones) including:
- Yanmar YH300 SL
- Yanmar AYH-3
Himoinsa and Yanmar jointly offer a range of cogeneration solutions.
Cogeneration is the joint production of heat and electricity and can save substantial amounts of primary energy compared to the separate production of heat and electricity in separate plants.
Yanmar advertising and branding
ヤン坊マー坊天気予報 (Yanbou and Mabou weather forecast)
In Japan Yanmar became famous for very characteristic and successful advertising.
Yanmar used two mascots (Yanbou and Mabou) for sponsoring weather forecast (ヤン坊マー坊天気予報) on TV between June 1, 1959 and March 31, 2014:
- ヤン坊 (ヤンぼう, Yanbou)
- マー坊 (マーぼう, Mabou)
In July 2013 the official Yanbou Mabou Weatherforecast site was closed – read the official notice here.
You can find this branding explained on Yanmar’s website here.
And you can listen to Yanmar’s famous TV Commercial song here.
And have all your questions answered here.
Look for yourself
Copyright·©2015 ·Eurotechnology Japan KK·All Rights Reserved·