Japanese consortium of trading company Sojitz, Mitsubishi UFJ Lease & Finance and Kansai Electric invest in five Irish wind farms
Irish wind energy €300m investment
Irish wind energy investments were announced by trading company Sojitz, Mitsubishi UFJ Lease & Finance and Kansai Electric Power Corporation.
Sojitz, Mitsubishi UFJ Lease & Finance and Kansai Electric Power Corporation have established the special purpose company ShaMrocK Wind Limited.
ShaMrocK Wind Limited will acquire 60% of shares in Evalair Wind Limited from Invisible Energy for a reported €300m, valuing Evalair Wind Limited at €500m.
Note the interesting composition of the Japanese investment joint venture ShaMrocK Wind Limited: the Japanese trading company Sojitz, the Mitsubishi group leasing unit, and Kansai Electric Power Corporation. In this combination, Sojitz contributes international business experience and know-how, and private-equity type investment know-how, Mitsubishi’s leasing unit provides financing know-how, while Kansai Electric Power contributes electricity operator know-how. At the same time, the Japanese consortium gains wind power knowledge, since wind power development in Japan is in relatively earlier stages of development than in Europe, see: http://www.eurotechnology.com/store/j_renewable/
Evalair Wind Limited
Evalair Wind Limited is a wind power plant operating company.
Directors: Michael Murnane, David Murnane
- ShaMrocK Limited: 60%
- Invis Energy (JV between Michael Murnane, Craydel Group, HG Capital): 40%
Invis/Evalair Wind power: 5 plants, 223.4MW, 97 turbines
- Knocknagoum, County Kerry
- 44.4 MW
- turbines: 26 (4 x Vestas V90 2MW; 5 x Vestas V90 3MW; 6 x Vestas V80 2MW; 11 x Vestas V52 0.85MW)
- Energy yield: 133.1 GWh/Year
- Capacity factor: 34%
- Leitir Guingaid Leitir Peic, County Galway
- 44.0 MW
- turbines: 17 (10 x Enercon E82 2.3MW (LG); 7 x Enercon E82 3MW (LP))
- Energy yield: 134.4 GWh/Year
- Capacity factor: 35%
- Knockduff, County Cork
- 65.0 MW
- turbines: 26 (Nordex N90 2.5MW)
- Energy yield: 229.9 GWh/Year
- Capacity factor: 40%
- Killaveenoge, County Cork
- 25.0 MW
- turbines: 10 (Nordex N90 2.5MW)
- Energy yield: 80.5 GWh/Year
- Capacity factor: 37%
- Slievecallan West, County Clare
- 45.0 MW
- turbines: 18 (Nordex N90 2.5MW)
- Energy yield: 170.0 GWh/Year
- Capacity factor: 43%
ShaMrocK Wind Limited
ShaMrocK Wind Limited is a special purpose company to invest in Evalair Ltd.
Incorporated: 24 July 2017
- Mirai Power Europe Limited: 48.8%
- Sojitz Corporation: 75%
- Sojitz Europe plc: 25%
- KPIC Netherlands B.V (wholly owned by Kansai Electric Power Co., Inc.): 40%
- Mitsubishi UFJ Lease & Finance Company Limited: 11.2%
Preview “Renewable energy Japan” research report
Register and receive an email with a link to a free trial version of our report on “Renewable energy Japan” and our newsletters.
Copyright (c) 2017 Eurotechnology Japan KK All Rights Reserved