Rakuten continues to globalize via acquisitions
Rakuten seeks to compete globally with Amazon.com
Rakuten acquires 100% of shares of PriceMinister S.A. for €200 million (= approx. US$ 250 million). The transaction is expected to close at the end of July 2010.
PriceMinister was founded in 2000 by current CEO Pierre Kosciusko-Morizet, and Pierre Krings, Justin Ziegler and Olivier Mathiot in a former Zeppelin factory, and achieved revenues of € 40 million in 2009.
PriceMinister S.A.‘s website PriceMinister.com has approximately 12 million members, is visited by approximately 11 million users/month.
PriceMinister S.A. has about 100,000 sellers and 21,000 merchants offering about 160 million products.
PriceMinister S.A. has established online businesses in:
- France: http://www.priceminister.com
- United Kingdom: now: http://www.play.com/priceminister.html
- Spain: now: http://www.rakuten.es
The PriceMinister Group has five business areas:
- guaranteed buying and selling (marketplace)
- automobiles (classifieds): http://www.priceminister.com/nav/Loisirs_accessoires-auto
- travel (price comparison): http://www.voyagermoinscher.com
- real estate (classifieds)
- email marketing
Copyright (c) 2010-2015 Eurotechnology Japan KK All Rights Reserved
Leave a Reply