Boehringer Ingelheim acquisition values SSP at approx US$ 900 million
Boehringer Ingelheim acquires SSP stage-by-stage: 9.2% in 1996, 60% in 2001, 100% in 2010
Boehringer Ingelheim acquires SSP (エスエス製薬株式会社), a Japanese OTC pharma company founded originally in 1765 as a pharmacy in Yaesu, Tokyo, starting with business cooperation, followed by staged investment over a period of five years, starting in 1995, followed by a Take-Over-Bid and delisting of SSP from the Tokyo Stock Exchange in 2010.
SSP (エスエス製薬株式会社), founded in 1765
History, and acquisition steps by Boehringer Ingelheim:
- SSP (エスエス製薬株式会社) was founded in 1765 as a pharmacy in Yaesu, Tokyo
- On 29 October 1927 the company was incorporated as （株）瓢箪屋薬房
- In 1940 the company name was changed to (エスエス製薬株式会社)
- 1969 IPO on the 2nd section of the Tokyo Stock Exchange
- 1971 IPO on the 1st section of the Tokyo Stock Exchange
- 1995-1996 Boehringer Ingelheim invests in SSP, and becomes largest share holder
- 2001 Boehringer Ingelheim increases shareholding to above 50%
- 15 February 2010 Boehringer Ingelheim Japan Investment GK (ベーリンガーインゲルハイム・ジャパン・インベストメント合同会社) issues a Take-Over-Bid (TOB), which is concluded on 15 April 2010, resulting in Boehringer Ingelheim Investment Japan acquiring a total of 93% of SSP shares.
- 16 July 2010 SSP is delisted from Tokyo Stock Exchange
- 1 October 2010 merger with Boehringer Ingelheim Japan Investment GK (ベーリンガーインゲルハイム・ジャパン・インベストメント合同会社)
- 19 November 2010 merger with BI Nippon Invest GK (BIニッポンインベスト合同会社)
- 19 November 2010 becomes subsidiary of Boehringer Ingelheim Japan KK (ベーリンガーインゲルハイムジャパン株式会社)
- 1 January 2017 as part of a global asset swap of Boehringer Ingelheim with Sanofi, SSP becomes a subsidiary of the French pharmaceutical group Sanofi (サノフィ株式会社)
Nippon Boehringer Ingelheim Co., Ltd. (ベーリンガーインゲルハイム ジャパン株式会社)
Nippon Boehringer Ingelheim Co., Ltd. (ベーリンガーインゲルハイム ジャパン株式会社) was founded in 1961 as a subsidiary of the German Boehringer Ingelheim Group, which was founded in 1885 in Ingelheim am Rhein in 1885.
Copyright (c) 2010-2017 Eurotechnology Japan KK All Rights Reserved
Leave a Reply