Nidec agreed with Valeo SA to acquire Valeo’s Motors & Actuators (VMA) business for approximately €142 million. The acquisition was agreed on November 14, 2006, and the transaction was completed on December 27, 2006.
Reasons for the acquisition
- Nidec acquires sales and business channels into the automotive industry, where track record is required
- Talent acquisition of highly qualified in-car motors engineers
- Contribute to Nidec’s globalization: VMA operators in Europe, North-America and China.
Valeo’s Motors & Actuators (VMA) business
- Business: manufacturing electric motors for automobiles. Motors for airflow systems, body closure systems, seat positioning systems, brake systems.
- Employees: approx. 1700
- Net sales: €253 million (FY ending December 31, 2005)
Resulting Nidec subsidiaries after completion of acquisition
Holding and administration company: Nidec Motors & Actuators in France
- NIDEC MOTORS & ACTUATORS (GERMANY)
- NIDEC MOTORS & ACTUATORS (POLAND)
- NIDEC MOTORS & ACTUATORS (SPAIN)
- NIDEC MOTORS & ACTUATORS (USA)
- NIDEC MOTORS & ACTUATORS (MEXICO)
Nidec “everything that spins and moves”
Nidec was founded by Chairman Shigenobu Nagamori in 1973 in Kyoto, and focuses on “everything that spins and moves”.
Learn about Nidec and Japan’s electronics industries
Copyright 2006-2019 Eurotechnology Japan KK All Rights Reserved